Home » 30 Days of Thanksgiving Challenge
Category Archives: 30 Days of Thanksgiving Challenge
Yea!! I made it all 30 days. Some might have been a little late or combined with another post. But I committed to 30 days and kept the committment :)
On this last day of counting, I realize that I have not been able to list everyone and everything that I am thankful for. I would dare say that I have not listed 1/1000000000000000000000000000000000th of all the people or things that I am thankful for.
But I would be greatly remiss if I did not include the “Grands.” Each one has a very special place in my life as well as in the Man’s and the girls. We are so blessed!
I am thankful for…….
Memaw and Pops!
Nana and Papa!
So I am at the end of the 30 Days of Thanksgiving….yet I am just beginning to count my many, many blessing and to live a life of gratitude!!
So full of blessings and thankfulness after the last week.
163. Quiet, lazy days
164. Friends willing to take time out of their day and take us to the airport – no parking charges for the four days out-of-town.
165. Safe travel – even when our pilot was practicing his rough landing skills.
166. Easy connection one of the countries busiest airports
167. Not having to check luggage because the grands have our luggage (and our children) in their car :)
168. Leaving 85 degree, sunny weather in NOLA and arriving to a flash flood warning in Baltimore
169. Family together again
170. The Man enjoying the best crab cakes ever. He is back in Maryland and HaPpY!
171. Rain filled creeks
172. Sunshine peeking through the clouds.
173. Family organizing a place for over 40 out-of-town family members
174. Family traditions that all generations love….
175. Andy’s cheese steaks at Lexington Market
176. Signs that make me laugh….
177. Visiting with family who is home on furlough from the Gambia
178. Three generations giving thanks together.
179. Hearing all that the Lord is doing in the lives of friends and families.
180. Talking missions and realizing that God is speaking through family to lead us to more prayer
181. New members of the family being introduced and loved on….always love!!
182. Beautiful scenery
183. Sweet potato suffle
184. Whoopie pies
185. One generation teaching the next generation
186. Talking on the phone with family in Georgia and missing them….but knowing that you will see them in less than a month.
187. Craft night while watching “White Christmas”
188. The girls interrupting the football game to sing “Sister, Sister” from “White Christmas” – and the guys not complaining :)
189. Arriving home to my own bathroom and own bed after traveling with some awful stomach bug
191. Friends who feed and care for guinea pigs while we are away
192. Having (surprise) extra bonus points to help buy Christmas presents for the girls :)
193. Pandora radio
194. Sleeping in for a few extra hours before heading to the ministry center
195. Meeting new friends from Romania and India who seem open to the good news of Jesus Christ. Praying that they will continue to come to the ministry center when the ship in is port.
196. Cold front arriving and dropping the temperature 25 degrees in 4 hours ;)
Linked together with…
Well I missed posting my Day 25 of Thanksgiving. Please have grace and mercy.
To make it short and to the point – I am thankful for God’s mercy.
Yesterday I travelled back from Pennsylvania/Maryland with some sort of stomach virus. I won’t share details with you. I will just say that I was thankful to get home to my own bathroom and my own bed last night.
As I sat on the first plane praying that the Lord would have mercy on this wretched soul, I thanked Him for the opportunity.
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. Colossians 3:15
So much to be thankful for…..
Three generations gathered to spend the holidays together.
Family from Maryland, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Arizona, Louisiana, and the Gambia all converge to partake in family traditions that were established years before.
Crabcakes from G&M because the Man is a true crabcake snob. Only Maryland crabcakes for him. Then Andy’s cheese steak from the world famous Lexington Market. I don’t know if it is really world famous but the cheesesteaks are the best.
The first annual nerf battle – kids against parents
Shooting clay pigeons – the Man teaching Lil Sis the basics
Looking for the intact clay pigeons in the field out back
Making phone calls to family in Georgia and missing them
Sitting more than 50 people down for Thanksgiving dinner – all in the same room. Then everyone sharing all that has happening in their lives and reasons that they are thankful.
Know therefore that the LORD your God, He is God, the faithful God, who keeps His covenant and His lovingkindness to a thousandth generation with those who love Him and keep His commandments. Deuteronomy 7:9
Better late than never. Two airplanes, three cities, sunshine, rain, a shuttle ride, and a rental car. A two-day car trip and 3 hours in D.C. traffic. A trip from Georgia to NC to Connecticut to Maryland. Furlough from the Gambia. Organization of 45 family members for Thanksgiving. That’s just a few things that Thanksgiving involves for us.
We started out with beautiful skies.
And ended up in a flash flood warning. But we were blessed with safe travel. Despite having Maverick from Top Gun flying one of our planes.
Thankful for the same travel of all family members to converge on this Maryland home and enjoy a time of giving thanks.
It is a quiet day at home. The girls are traveling with the grands. The Man and I have all weekend together. I feel incredibly blessed. Yet my heart-strings feel like they are being pulled tight. The Lord is teaching me something that I don’t really want to learn. He is Jehovah Jireh. He will provide. I have to trust. It is hard to trust so completely and so fully when I have done it with my own strength for so long. But I am trying. Trying to trust Him. Learning to trust Him. Even when I can not see the final result.
Thanking Him for so many things……
142. Jehovah Jireh – my provider
143. Learning hard lessons
144. Grands that are willing to double their travel time and distant to ensure that the entire family will be together for Thanksgiving
145. Grands who take the girls into their homes and love them unconditionally – and give them haircuts that are greatly needed.
146. Making reservations for DATE NIGHT!!!
147. Thanksgiving lunch with an amazing homeschool group
148. A friend sharing wonderful dressing recipe
149. A gentleman who has donated a monetary gift to the seminary for the homeschool groups Christmas party/field trip.
150. Commissioning service for friends going overseas to share the good news of the gospel
151. A sweet groups of girls who are willing to get out of their comfort zones to glorify their Lord.
152. The beginnings of a youth drama team
153. Free Kindle books :)
154. All major papers for the Man are turned in
155. Finding the girls phone that has been “lost” for over 6 months in one of Lil Sis’ winter boots
156. Date night on a dinner and jazz cruise then Cafe Du Monde for beignets
157. A large gift from a local church
158. Worshipping a great and mighty God
159. Sunday afternoon naps
160. Crazy NOLA weather and turning on the air conditioner in November
161.Finding a book series that Lil Sis loves
162. Cleaning the girls room while they are away (and realizing that they will never miss the things that went in the garbage)
I am going to make this short because I have a date tonight :)
Today I am thankful for so many, many things. However, for Day 19, I will choose one specific thing. I am thankful for DATE NIGHTS!!!
About a year ago, I won a dinner and jazz cruise on the Creole Queen. So tonight, we are going on a 3-hour cruise. Yes, I just sang the Gilligan’s Island song in my head as I typed. Hope that Gilligan, the Skipper, the Millionaire and his wife aren’t there :)
Be blessed. Live a life of gratitude. Journey on!!!