Counting Our Blessings!
My list of blessings was started in Oct 2011. I pray that I can continue to see the many blessing of my life each day.
That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving And declare all Your wonders. Psalms 26:7
1. An amazing Creator who knows my heart
2. A wonderful husband who loves me even when I’m grumpy
3. 3 healthy, beautiful daughters
4. A job
5. Little arms that wrap around me as soon as I walk into the room
7. Garaway girls who encourage me and make me smile
8. Friends who I don’t get to talk to often enough but who will always be there for me (and vice versa)
9. Waking up without the alarm clock going off
10. Ancient words written over 2000 years ago that speak to my heart.
11. My camera
12. International friends that love Jesus
13. an authentic Christ-centered, culturally diverse church that worships an amazing God
14. Sunday afternoon naps
15. A wonderful husband who will stop everything and spend time in prayer so that we can go to church and worship with the correct attitude.
16. Loving “interns” who are serving in the children’s ministry that authentically care about our children and will do “wacky” things to get their attention
17. Cooler temperatures….opened windows and doors….no air conditioner needed
19. finding money in the pocket of newly washed pants.
A faithful man will abound with blessings, But he who makes haste to be rich will not go unpunished.
20. My wonderful family – parents, step-parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, brother, sisters in law, brothers in law, nieces, nephews, in laws, husband, daughters, etc! Without each and every one of them, I would not be who I am today
21. Nursing knowledge and skills with cobwebs because of unuse that are recalled with ease when needed
22. The opportunity to be the peacemaker between individuals with strong personalities. “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.” Matt 5:9
23. Roads without potholes
24. When Big Sis has an “ah-ha” moment in math- although she claims that she just “doesn’t get it”
25. Lil Sis singing praises to the Lord….in the shower
26. Days filled with Sunshine and cool breezes
28. A sore arm with a big bruise after getting a flu shot
29. Walking into a clean home after working two 12 hour shifts
30. A surprise gift after teaching Middle Sis how to cross-stitch
31. Little girls who LOVE to play outside
32. Science Lab days
33. Amazing homeschool moms who are willing to teach Latin, Elegant Essays, choir, etc
34. Clean guinea pig cages.
35. Listening to the girls sing the Ten Commandment song that we taught them years ago.
36. The innocence and nervousness of nursing students
37. Chocolate – any type of chocolate
38. Moon, Moon bright and shiny moon. Please shine down on me.
39. Random, silly emails from my dad
40. the release of stress when the Man finishes midterms
41. Ms. Alma’s chicken caesar salad in the cafeteria at the hospital
42. New crafts
43. Mommy/daughter date night with Lil Sis which included snuggling and movie time.
44. Hard eucharisteo: Big Sis getting sick after 28 hours of their 30 Hour Famine event and recognizing how blessed she is.
45. The church being the church – youth, youth leaders, life groups serving the world and serving each other.
46. The determination of youth participating in the 30 Hour Famine.
47. The soulful sound of a saxophone during worship. “speaking to one another in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs, singing and making music to the Lord in your heart, giving thanks always for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ submitting to one another in the fear of Christ” Ephesians 5:19-21
For You meet him with the blessings of good things; You set a crown of fine gold on his head.
48. Fall break and the decrease stress and increased family time that goes along with it.
49. Parents dedicating babies to the Lord and committing to teach them His ways. Train up a child in the way he should go, Even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
50. Field trip days
51. The Man getting to go on field trip days with us
52. Wide open spaces
53. God’s little creatures that make me smile
54. Boys who find God’s little creatures everywhere and then ask me to hold them while he plays
55. Memaw and Pop in town visiting.
56.Huge oak trees with deep roots. This oak tree, like many others in New Orleans, survived Hurricane Katrina. Then a shoot will spring from the stem of Jesse, And a [ branch from his roots will bear fruit. Isaiah 11:1
57. Time together learning to appreciate art.
58. The sound of kids playing football and other games outside our balcony.
59. Lazy, relaxing days.
60. Friends that I can borrow eggs from when I realize that I need two for the recipe but don’t want to go to the store.
61. Our new “Jesse Tree” that Memaw made us. I can’t wait to use it this upcoming season.
62. Cooking for the whole family (which is a rare occasion because of the Man’s ministry schedule)
63. Family recipes handed down for generations.
64. Blueberries picked this summer and ready to use in recipes this fall.
65. Hard eucharisteo: Hearing gunshots in the middle of the night in the neighbor east of us yet knowing that my family is tucked in bed and safe
66. Red velvet cupcakes.
67. Impromptu violin, flute, guitar, and piano recitals from Memaw and Pop
68. Listening to girls recite Bible verses from memory
69. Our sewing machine
70. Sweet Tea
71. Shrimp po-boys with all the dressings
72. Movies that the whole family can watch. We went to see Mighty Macs this week
73. The NFL players with pink interwoven throughout their football uniform to support breast cancer awareness
74. Middle Sis strumming her guitar and singing worship songs in her room
75. Hard eucharisteo: Lil Sis waking up with a stomach virus. My plan to get caught up overridden by God’s plan to slow down.
76. chance to help new friends with health related issues
77. Artists painting at the kitchen table – Lord, bless this mess!!
78. My Kindle
79. a life group that listens to our “if money and time weren’t an issue what would you do for the Lord” dream and doesn’t laugh No longer do I call you slaves, for the slave does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I have heard from My Father I have made known to you. John 15:15
80. getting almost caught up with the girls’ school work
81. silly girls trying to laugh upside down
82. little birds flying through opened doors
83. girls taking an initiative to start their own “business” – fun times listening to them plan and dream BIG!
84. Little hand reaching for mine as we cross the street
85. Energetic youth and fun games
86. Big Sis helping lead the youth worship on Wednesday nights. All the ends of the earth will remember and turn to the LORD, And all the families of the nations will worship before You. Psalm 22:27
87. Kids serving the church Little children, let us not love with word or with tongue, but in deed and truth. 1 John 3:18
88. Physical health
89. the opportunity to work with the youth and help develop a drama team
90. The Man helping with school work while I am sick with Lil Sis’ stomach virus
91. The computer making me verify that I am human
92. Excitement when science lab experiments work correctly
93. Sleepovers and a house full of giggling girls
94. Great car stickers
95. a little friendly competition among co-workers – pumpkin decorating contest
96. The last time to be in the church sanctuary as it has been for the last 30 years
97. the opportunity to serve in a church that is renovating to be prepared to share the gospel with the community for another 30 years
98. Lazy Saturdays
99. Not getting the hours that I feel like I need at work and recognizing that He provides in amazing ways
100. Being out of my comfort zone and still having the courage to become a Blessings Unlimited consultant
101. His Grace! For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD gives grace and glory; No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. Psalm 84:11
102. Six new brothers/sisters in Christ being baptized
Give thanks in all circumstances, for it is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thes 5:18
103. understanding homeschool moms that do not get upset or mad when I overbook myself and have to cancel science lab
104. Sweet little faces with their thankful glasses
105. Sisters working together to organize their craft fair booth
106. Girls painting for His glory
107. Middle Sis wanting to blog so that she can share the love of Jesus with others – Made 4 His Glory (stop by with some encouraging words if you have a second to spare)
108. Family fun days
109. Churches that have fall festivals and trunk-or-treat
110. friends with math degrees who will sit down with Big Sis and help her understand that she does get it
111. The Man being over half way completed with his paper 4 days before it is due
112. a church family that continues to grow (in spirit as well as in numbers)
113. sweet seminary students buying paintings at the craft fair
114. free Chick-fil-a
115. Lil Sis reading in her hammock by flashlight on the balcony – bundled up with several blankets
116. Big Sis and Middle Sis arguing over a college football game – and Big Sis defending her sister (losing team) at the end of the game
117. God’s amazing creatures – great and small
118. 30 Days of Thanksgiving
119. the anticipation of a semi-vacation in Maryland/Pennsylvania
120. a cleaned out pocketbook
121. Kissing the sleeping faces of each girl at night when they are sleeping
122. having three great dishwashers
123. Beautiful songs that help me realized what heaven must sound like
124. Children that speak the name of Jesus without being prompted.
125. The first day of 2 services at church and the 1st service was standing room only.
126. Listening to 10 children on Sunday morning read the Bible verse off the blackboard – erasing one word at a time – knowing that the verse will be hidden in their hearts when all the words are erased.
127. Knowing that in one week we will be enjoying time away from the city
128. Lil Sis and her reading hammock on the balcony
129. Lil Sis singing and creating her own drama in her reading hammock
130. The sound of girls learning to make music.
131. Big Sis’ desire to take a break from the piano and “focus on the flute.” Hard for me because I wished that I could learn the piano.
132. New opportunities for ministry with new international friends working on the cruise ships.
133. Praying for our children with other homeschool moms
134. Happy children playing outside our windows.
135. Bills getting paid despite the decreased work hours.
136. The anticipation of date night
137. Mission teams that desire to serve and do that faithfully – even when the opportunity to share the gospel doesn’t happen
138. Middle Sis’ silliness and ability to have fun (even when she claims to be sooooo bored)
139. Field trip days
140. Phone calls with friends in other states
141. Catching up on families and knowing that friendships will always be there…even if we are miles away from each other.
142. Jehovah Jireh – my provider
143. Learning hard lessons
144. Grands that are willing to double their travel time and distant to ensure that the entire family will be together for Thanksgiving
145. Grands who take the girls into their homes and love them unconditionally – and give them haircuts that are greatly needed.
146. Making reservations for DATE NIGHT!!!
147. Thanksgiving lunch with an amazing homeschool group
148. A friend sharing wonderful dressing recipe
149. A gentleman who has donated a monetary gift to the seminary for the homeschool groups Christmas party/field trip.
150. Commissioning service for friends going overseas to share the good news of the gospel
151. A sweet groups of girls who are willing to get out of their comfort zones to glorify their Lord.
152. The beginnings of a youth drama team
153. Free Kindle books
154. All major papers for the Man are turned in
155. Finding the girls phone that has been “lost” for over 6 months in one of Lil Sis’ winter boots
156. Date night on a dinner and jazz cruise then Cafe Du Monde for beignets
157. A large gift from a local church
158. Worshipping a great and mighty God
159. Sunday afternoon naps
160. Crazy NOLA weather and turning on the air conditioner in November
161.Finding a book series that Lil Sis loves
162. Cleaning the girls room while they are away (and realizing that they will never miss the things that went in the garbage)