So many wonderful blessings this time of year. Such a joy to spend time counting my 1000 gifts!
256. Meeting the newest addition to our family
257. The joy of watching my brother as a new father
258. New cowboy boots for Lil Sis. She has been wanting some “forever”
259. Sleeping in my king size bed (that the Man won’t move to NOLA)
260. Visiting friends that I worked with in GA.
261. Spending time with great friends we don’t talk to or see very often but always know that they are there.
262. Lil Sis getting jealous when I get “under the chin kisses” from other babies. She knows that she will always be my baby 🙂
263. Nature walks on rainy days
264. Family gathered around the dinner table together and sharing all the same childhood stories that they share everytime we are together.
265. The stewed tomato saga
266. Cousins playing together
268. The “You might be a Redneck if….” book that had the Man laughing out loud.
269. More time with the newest addition
270. Safe trip home
271. Christmas eve with our international friends – new and old
272. An email address and possible contact with others on one of the cruise ships
273. Playing Santa to our international friends – we might have given them the only Christmas present they will get this year.
274. Spending Christmas eve watching The Nativity Story – our newest family tradition
275. The birth of our Savior “And she gave birth to her firstborn son; and she wrapped Him in cloths, and laid Him in a manger, because there was no room for them in the inn.” Luke 2:7
276. Mary who willing gave birth to the Christ child despite the hardships that she would have to face “Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: when His mother Mary had been [The first stage of marriage in Jewish culture, usually lasting for a year before the wedding night, more legal than an engagement] betrothed to Joseph, before they came together she was found to be with child by the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 1:18
277. Joseph who chose to raise Jesus as his own child. “But when he had considered this, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream, saying, “Joseph, son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife; for the Child who has been conceived in her is of the Holy Spirit.” Matthew 1:20
278. Observing the Lord’s Supper and having teachable moments with the girls
279. Christmas day spent with friends. It is hard to be away from family, but we are blessed with incredible friends who open their homes and their hearts.
280. Placing the last ornament on our Jesse Tree.