I am sure that there is a dark cloud over my head. The feeling of being weighed down – so strong. A week of tears. LORD, could one more thing go wrong? I don”t think that I could handle it!!
I move on to the next day. Knowing that He is the strength that I need to continue moving. Learning to count the hard eucharisteo. It is easy to count when the sun is shining over your head and all is welcoming and wanted. What about when you want to bury your head under the covers?
Keep on counting……
Ann Voskamp on eucharisteo – It means thanksgiving in Greek. My life’s struggling to pronounce it, that word that’s set like the unexpected crown jewel in the center of Christianity, right there at the Last Supper before the apex of the Cross. When Jesus takes the bread, gives thanks for it, that’s the word for his giving thanks: eucharisteo. It’s like a language lesson: in that word for thanksgiving, eucharisteo, are the roots of charis, grace, and chara, joy. If you can take all as grace, give thanks for it, therein is always joy. Eucharisteo – grace, gratitude, joy – one word that God in flesh acted out when he took the cup.
398. good news from GA about Dad”s procedure
399. the opportunity to help co-workers learn new things
400. a rainy science lab day that allows us to slow down and explore the weather
401. talking with a dear, ol” friend about her new opportunities
402. Sweet girls at church that inspire me
405. comforting arms that wrap around me when I am at the end of myself
406. Hard eucharisteo – tear falling down her face as she realized that her beloved pet probably will not live through the night
407. Hard eucharisteo – the death of a pet that allows a conversation to happen
408. turning all my worries over to Him
“So do not worry about tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:24
409. recycled Mardi Gras beads
410. Hard eucharisteo – Lil Sis” broken arm; blessed that the fall did not cause any other injuries
411. Hard eucharisteo – “Mommy guilt” when Lil Sis declared “This is the worst day of my life”
412. turning that guilt over to God
And which of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life’s span? Luke 12:25
413. Lil Sis and Big Sis discovering that they like an “un-American” food during a field trip
414. getting to sleep in a little bit after receiving an email from a friend on a cruise ship that informed us that they would not be able to depart early
415. Hard eucharisteo – holding a babe in my arms after her first seizure
416. the opportunity to help neighbors through a scary situation and, in some small way, calm fears
417. the ability to get up a go to worship despite the overwhelming exhaustion that makes me want to stay in bed
418. a Sunday afternoon nap (I can never add that one too many times) 🙂
419. the Man encouraging me to go to a friend”s house with him even though I really did not feel like it
420. enjoying good food and great fellowship
421. the Man reminding me to make an appointment; but I don”t want to; he won”t stop asking until I do.