More than half-way to 1000!
On October 7, 2011, I wrote: Today has been a long day. I haven’t really been grateful for very much today. And I want a more positive attitude. I want to give thanks to God for all the many blessings in my life. I chose at this moment to put the negativity behind me and to praise Him for all things – great and small. Every perfect gift!
Negativity! Overpowering! Could I really come up with 1000 gifts?
I started slow. I didn’t want to get too excited about the possiblities. Yet, the more I count the more I see the gifts, the blessings, everywhere.
Overpowering has been overflowing!
Therefore as you have received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in Him, having been firmly rooted and now being built up in Him and established in your faith, just as you were instructed, and overflowing with gratitude. Colossians 2:6-7
499. blessings that overflow
500. this….from Ann Voskamp
If Christ is the corner stone of true doctrine, then doesn’t true thankfulness have to be the cornerstone of our days?
502. leftovers in the frig and heated up after a long day at work
503. family field trips to chapel
504. Standing on the promises of God
standing on the promises of Christ my Savior;
I’m standing on the promises of God.
505. a spontaneous “songfest” that breaks out at home with the girls filled (and overflowing) with songs to and about the Lord.
506. a picture that speaks a thousand words – LOVE the “horns” 🙂
507. being nominated for the Best Homeschooling Blog award at about.com.
508. learning hospitality that does not come naturally to me
509. two hours of quiet “me” time
510. a relatively, stress free school week
511. an apology from an co-worker
512. the opportunity to help a family with a new diagnosis that is difficult to accept
513. an evening with a great group of homeschool moms
514. silly ice-breaker games
515. the Man putting gas in my car so I don’t have to stop at the gas station
516. the safety of family in the path of bad weather
517. Memaw and Pop in town
518. a new worship leader at church
519. knowing that the Lord was right in the middle of worship and moving through His people
520. kids in Sunday school asking to sing “The Ten Commandment” song – even though we have moved on to studying the Armor of God.
521. Big Sis kneeling in prayer
522. taxes done and filed!!!
Linked together in community with….