I don’t know how to do this! Why are you asking me to do this?
“For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, Do not fear, I will help you.” Isaiah 41:13
I am questioning! My heart is opened but my mind is closed. Closed to the possibility that I can – I can’t, but He can.
Then, the real questions! Asked yesterday by the youth pastor. Are you willing to give up your ideas and your plans for His ideas and His plans? Are you willing to let go of control?
Because when we let go and let God have control, we need to be prepared for something so much bigger and better than we could ever imagine!
I am letting go – again! Always fighting away the doubt that surrounds me when I think that I am in control. Letting go – following His directions – seeing the door opened and walking, no running, through it.
As I run, I continue to count….
547. daddy’s girls anxiously waiting on the Man to get home
548. non-stop giggling as we circle the airport waiting on his arrival.
549. all three with faces stuck against the car window wanting to be the first to see him walking out the doors.
550. the exclamation of “Wait, is that Daddy? He has on a suit. That can’t be Daddy!”
551. having the Man back in the fold and everything complete again
552. spring break week for the seminary
553. Lil Sis’ excitement at playing the violin again
554. a fun history/geography project
555. tears that spill over at work due to frustration
556. a picnic in the park
557. a relaxing field trip
558. reading these words written by the Man’s grandmother that penetrated my doubts
Our country needs prayer warriors, and whether old or young we must pray. The older has more experience in prayer and can teach the younger how to pray in these eventful days. We need to be faithful in our praying. James said, “The fervent prayer of a righteous man (or woman) avails much (I Peter 2:9). I believe God’s prayer warriors are a group of people who are “special” and full of hopes and dreams.
562. Middle Sis’ watery, itching eyes that come along at the first sign of spring
563. making the first $1 from the Amazon affiliate 🙂
564. Hard eucharisteo – sending Big Sis and Middle Sis off to their D-Now weekend. Are they really old enough to be in the youth group???
565. 75 youth from church and over 250 youth from around the city gathered together in worship
566. numerous new brothers and sisters in Christ
567. Hope (the youth drama team) anxious about performing during worship on Sunday morning
568. D-Now leaders posting pictures for us to see all the fun that they are having
569. one-on-one time with Lil Sis
570. pampering Lil Sis with a mani-pedi; her reaction – “I feel so special” 🙂
571. Hard eucharisteo – the unexpected and tragic death of a father of three of the youth girls while they were at D-Now
572. seeing the body of Christ at work as it gathers around the family that lost their father and husband.
573. having the pastor approach us regarding the way that Big Sis handled herself throughout the situation; she was ministering and encouraging to those overwhelmed with grief
574. arms stretched and hands held all across the sanctuary in prayer
575. a wonderful time of worship made even more special by an amazing performance by Hope
576. people searching out the girls involved in Hope after the service to thank them and tell them that they are a blessing!
577. joy seen on the faces of teenage girls who have honored God through drama
578. a quiet Sunday afternoon enjoying movies and family time