It is sometimes harder than I imagined. Sometimes the frustration – particularly at work – almost overflows. I wonder – Why did this person go into nursing? Why are they here?
Healthcare in America – frustrating! For the consumer, it is absolutely frustrating. For the provider, there are frustrations that only someone in that arena can truly understand.
I loved the medical clinics in Africa. So little – yet so grateful for what was available. Little ones that many had turned their backs on gathered together and brought into the clinic. Mamas from all over moving aside so that the babies could be first.
We sense and hear a disturbance. Women arguing. Not at each other – but at a man who would dare complain about the babies being put in front. These woman recognizing that those little ones are the generation that could/would make a difference. Their gratitude evident in the way they smiled to show us that they were there to help.
Life is about the people. People that the Lord places directly in your path. Some will be a frustration to you. Some will make you smile. But each one is a child of God.
If only we could see each one as Jesus sees them. With grace! And gratitude that they are part of the journey.
I continue counting! Blessed by so many through this journey…
582. a youth group going to visitation to support their friends who have lost their earthly father.
583. youth leaders who are investing in the Kingdom by investing in our children
584. the youth drama team excited about their next adventure
585. a good nap before a night shift
586. Girl Scout cookies
587. back up generators that automatically come on after 5 seconds of a power outage and keep the hospital functional
588. Middle Sis and Little Sis snuggling on the couch on a rainy day watching a movie – some Sista Luv!!
589. a sweet friend who is willing to be our chauffeur and tour guide
590. a family opening their home
591. having fun learning some Mississippi, U.S., and American Indian history.
592. generations gathered together to keep their traditions alive
594. prayers being lift for a friend’s son who was in a car accident
595. Big Sis praying with her friend who lost her dad
596. several families dedicating their babies to the Lord
597. the pastor’s comments about the upcoming opportunities for international missions
598. a conversation between me, the Man, and Big Sis that (prayerfully) will help her see that her worth is in Jesus – not all the trappings of this world
599. that they still want to watch silly, girly movies
600. the Man allowing us to watch silly, girly movies 🙂
601. her comment – “well, my class reunion will only have two other people – and they are both my sisters! I guess that’s cool.”
602. hearing “Thanks for taking us, Mom. That was fun.”
603. being able to purchase tickets to the Broadway “Lion King” that is in NOLA for a limited time